Cloud billing with the reseller - FAQ

The typical billing questions are listed here. The billing from the MOBOTIX CLOUD Reseller to the end customer may differ from this and is based on the agreements concluded with the MOBOTIX CLOUD Partner (reseller).

When and how will I be billed?
You will be billed on a monthly basis and the date will be determined by the date your first order is processed. If you would like a calendar month billing cycle or other specific time period, please contact the billing department. Invoices are automatically generated by our system and emailed to the billing contact. If you have switched to annual billing, you will continue to receive a monthly invoice with monthly reconciliation of subscription activity.

How are the subscription types (Subscription) determined?
MOBOTIX CLOUD subscriptions are determined by the cloud storage and full video resolution selected in the settings for each camera stream. In addition, an analysis can be activated for each camera. For each activated analysis per camera stream, a subscription is charged.

When and how will I be billed?
You will be billed on a calendar month billing cycle. If you require a different specific period, please contact the billing department. Invoices are automatically generated by our system and emailed to the billing contact. If you have switched to annual billing, you will continue to receive a monthly invoice with monthly reconciliation of subscription activity. (is in preparation and will be available soon).

Can I have accounts with monthly and annual billing cycles?
A MOBOTIX CLOUD Partner can have monthly or annual billing cycles for each of its end-user accounts, but the bridges and cameras within each end-user account must all be billed with the same monthly or annual cycle.

I have connected a multi-stream camera from a free provider to a bridge. How will I be billed for this camera?
The billing of the MOBOTIX CLOUD VMS subscription is based on the number of camera streams connected to our system. If four streams are selected for your camera, you will be billed for four camera subscriptions. You can remove camera streams that you do not need. (Currently, MOBOTIX cameras do not provide cloud relevant multistream variants).

Where can I see my subscription settings?
Each subscription invoice contains additional attachments - the customer account summary and the line item summary. The Customer Account Summary contains a summary listing of subscription charges by customer account and the Line Item Details contain the subscription charges by individual camera. The current camera settings can also be viewed at the individual camera level on our MOBOTIX CLOUD video platform.

I am a MOBOTIX CLOUD partner (reseller). Can my customer change the subscription settings?
Yes, by default, your customer can make changes to the camera settings, which may result in changes to the subscription prices. As a reseller, you can restrict access to prevent your customer from making these changes.

I selected the wrong settings in my account and now I am being charged for them. What do I need to do to correct my settings?
You can correct the camera settings to the subscription plan you want. The MOBOTIX CLOUD billing system will then take the changes to the new settings into account for the next billing. There is no refund of the difference!

What are the default settings on a Bridge?
Mx-HD1-D30 (HD resolution and 30 days recording) is the default setting for our MOBOTIX CLOUD platform, provided that the cameras can record at 720P. Each MOBOTIX partner (reseller) or individual end user account can also be assigned their own default settings for cloud storage and full video resolution via the “Account Settings” drop-down menu on the platform.

How are the resolutions designated as HD calculated in the settings?
The camera resolution settings are calculated using the following information:

• SD1 - Video resolution pixel range (width x height) = 0 to 600,000 pixels.
  • HD1 - video resolution pixel range (width x height) = 600,001 pixels to 1,400,000 pixels
  • HD2 - video resolution pixel range (width x height) = 1,400,001 pixels to 2,400,000 pixels
  • HD3 - video resolution pixel range (width x height) = 2,400,001 pixels to 3,200,000 pixels
  • HD4 - video resolution pixel range (width x height) = 3,200,001 pixels to 4,100,000 pixels
  • HD5 - video resolution pixel range (width x height) = 4,100,001 pixels to 5,100,000 pixels
  • HD10 - video resolution pixel range (width x height) = 5,100,001 pixels and more

If I switch off my cameras, will the billing be interrupted?
No, turning off or unplugging a camera does not interrupt subscription billing. The video associated with the camera will still be stored in the cloud, so subscriptions will continue to accrue. To stop subscription billing, the camera must be deleted. When the camera is deleted, all recorded video in the cloud storage is deleted forever.

My internet is down. Will I get a credit for the time the cameras were not recording?
Sorry, no. The MOBOTIX CLOUD VMS Service has no control over the network connection that connects your cameras to the cloud. No credits will be issued for Internet outages. In the event of an Internet failure, the cameras will continue to be recorded locally on the Bridge and later transferred to the Cloud. A properly configured system can buffer for up to two days without internet and then sync to the cloud once internet is available again.

Can I interrupt/suspend my billing without deleting cameras?
No, unfortunately not. To stop billing, the cameras must be deleted, otherwise the videos will continue to be stored in the cloud and therefore a fee will be charged. It is important to note that deleting a camera also includes deleting all stored videos.

I would like to test the MOBOTIX CLOUD devices before installing them on a customer’s premises. When does billing start?
Billing starts when a camera is connected to an active MOBOTIX CLOUD Bridge over the end of the month. If you want to test the hardware before installation and/or deployment, connect the cameras, add them, test them and then delete them before the last day of the month. In this way, no fees are usually charged. When installed, reconnecting the cameras will restart the subscription.

How do annual subscriptions work?
MOBOTIX CLOUD offers the option of annual subscriptions at a reduced rate. You pay a specific subscription price for cameras for the entire year. Every month, you will receive a monthly statement for the funds used within the subscription plan. If the number of cameras, resolution, storage or other features change, these changes will be reflected in the monthly invoice. Any additional features will be subject to an additional charge for the remainder of the annual billing cycle and a corresponding invoice. No credit for the difference can be given for deletions or downgrades to the subscription. The new settings will only be taken into account at the end of the booked period. Important: The change in your account will only be included in the invoice at the end of the month. It is important that annual subscriptions are billed at the end customer level. All cameras connected to bridges of this customer account will be billed annually once this option has been selected.