MOBOTIX cameras can send e-mails with different types of attachments:
- Video clip
- Image information (JPEG comment)
- Logs: System messages, Web Server Log, Camera Status, Entry Log
- MxAnalytics reports: Counting corridors, Heatmaps
These e-mails can be sent out as Actions on Events or as Time-Tasks. E.g. to send an image every five minutes or to send an image when someone calls the bell button on the door station.
Setup the e-mail profile to use gmail
- Camera must support TLS/SSL for E-Mail configuration. This is possible with P3 (x4,x5) and Mx6 models running up to date firmware versions and with the M12 running a beta firmware (3.6.*) which is available upon request to support.
- Camera must have access to the internet and a gateway and DNS must be defined.
- Access for less secure apps must be setup for the gmail account.
Enable less secure apps in Gmail
The following link takes you to the setting that enables access to less secure apps.
Configure the gmail account in the camera
Step 1. Go to Admin Menu > E-Mail Profiles
Step 2. Set the following parameters
- Secure connection: SSL/TLS
- Authentication method: SMTP Login
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com:465
- Login User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login Password: yourpassword
Step 3. Set an address in one of the profiles to Test it.
Step 4. Go to Admin Menu > Test Current Network Configuration and allow the pop-up window. You will see the results of the test in this pop-up window.
Step 5. Scroll down and test the AlarmMail profile.
Step 6. Verify the success of the test.
E-Mail is a widely spread communication method which is seamlessly integrated into the MOBOTIX camera. An SSL/TLS secured connection can be used to securely transfer images, recordings and logs.
Furthermore it is possible to use Gmail and other major providers.