You be able to use the complete logics of an IoT camera in the Mobotix Cloud, it is possible to use e.g. the ActivitySensor for recording in the Mobotix Cloud.
To do this, you must proceed as follows.
Preparation IoT camera:
To do this, you must create an event in the IoT camera that triggers a recording.
It is important here to make sure to activate the recording icon in the live image of the camera.
Create event: e.g. Activity Sensor.
- Setup Menu: Event Overview
- Image Analysis Events -> Edit
For this you have to define a rectangle in the live image and add the coordinates by clicking "Add Rectangle ".
Enable Recording + Recording Status Symbol.
Setup Menu: Recording
- Recording Status Symbol.
- Under Start Recording select the ActivitySensor (Image Analysis: AS).
- Define a Recording Duration that specifies how long the recording symbol should “blink”.
To do this, go to the camera settings within Mobotix Cloud and set event recording.
Click on the "Motion " tab.
Set the following values:
- Master Motion Sensitivity : 0 (This will ignore all other motion in the image outside the defined detection window).
- Click on the "+ Symbol " so that you get a new detection area.
- Move your detection window to the position of the recording symbol in the live image
- The sensitivity should be configured to the value 100, so that the algorithm is very sensitive.
Now, the Mobotix Cloud’s motion detection simply triggers and starts a recording when the IoT camera’s Activity Sensor has triggered and started a recording in the camera.
Of course, you can also configure other events in the IoT camera that trigger a recording, e.g. signal input.
The only important thing here is that the camera itself triggers a recording.
Here you can find a small example video. The ActivitySensor of the IoT camera triggers a recording of the Mobotix Cloud.
Recommendation to exclude false alarms:.
Since the recording icon is slightly transparent, there is a possibility that the Cloud’s motion detection detects in this area even though the AS has not triggered.
This can be prevented by placing a logo behind the recording symbol.
In this example, a black field has been placed as the logo.
Admin Menu: Manage Image Files
-> Upload a “logo” here, which will be put behind the recording symbol afterwards.
Admin Menu: Logo Profiles
Create a logo profile here which should display the uploaded image.
If you have configured this, you will see it in the live image of the camera:
This can prevent any movement that takes place in the transparent area of the recording icon, so that the cloud only records when the IoT camera itself is recording.