This article describes how to set up multi-factor authentication of vehicles for access control based on their license plate number and up to 2 additional factors.
This requires a MOBOTIX 7 camera (e.g. an M73) and the Certified Vaxtor ALPR MMC App, which recognizes not only the license plate of the vehicles but also their Make Model Color and Class.
The following schemas for the correct configuration of multifactor authentication can be used for both lists available in the app and thus trigger two different actions.
As a rule, an “Access Granted” list is implemented here and used for barrier control via the camera’s I/O.
2. Multi-factor Configuration
For the MMC multifactor authentication list you have to follow the following scheme:
- not all these variables must always be used. However, the schema must include all used attributes (see examples attached).
- 1234ABC (License Plate only → single factor only)
- 1234ABC#######My description (License Plate and Description, e.g. name of the driver or employee ID → single factor only)
- 1234ABC#SEAT (License plate and vehicle make → second factor)
- 1234ABC##IBIZA (LIcense plate and vehicle model → second factor)
- 1234ABC#SEAT#IBIZA#WHITE#CAR#2021-10-01T00:00:00Z#2031-10-01T00:00:00Z#My description (License Plate, vehicle make, model, color, the validation time for this list entry and the description → 4 factors plus validation time)
- 1234ABC#SEAT#IBIZA#WHITE#CAR#2021-10-01T00:00:00+02:00#2031-10-01T00:00:00+02:00#My description (License Plate, vehicle make, model, color, the validation time for this list entry and the description → 4 factors plus validation time)
3. Description Text Variables
The following variables can be used to add the “Description” assigned to a certain list entry within the message send via selected reporting interface (e.g. MxMessage, MOBOTIX HUB reporting, 3rd Party reporting, etc.):
- $blacklistdescription$ (distributes the descriptions of “blacklisted” license plates if noted)
- $whitelistdescription$ (distributes the descriptions of “whitelisted” license plates if noted)