MOBOTIX MOVE Direct Record to Network Share (NAS)

There is a feature inside MOBOTIX MOVE Camera to record internally using microSD card or store the recording footage to the Network Share Folder (NAS) via SMBv2 protocol.

THIS TUTORIAL WILL NOT WORK WITH MOBOTIX MOVE VMSD1A-20-VA, VT1A-2-IR, VT1A-5-IR, VT1A-203-IR, VT1A-503-IR

But please take note, to record internally using microSD or store into the Network Share Folder (NAS) the only possibility to search the recording is just via the Camera. And to do the playback only possible to use 3rd Party Software like VLC Player. There is no media player inside the camera that are possible to do the playback of the recording. Need to download the files.

The file formats that is available for internal or store into the Network Share Folder are *.AVI or *.mp4.

Follow below step to record into the Network Share Folder.

1. Open your NAS / Windows Share folder (make sure you create the folder and already have a permission to write/read)

note : i’m using QNAP NAS as the network share folder

1. To make sure that your share folder is already accessible from the network, open your Windows Explorer and in the address bar put your NAS ip address (at this case my NAS IP Address \192.168.1.7). I will open my “testing” folder and after inside the folder press right click and try to create a new folder. Also please try to delete that folder again to make sure possibility to write and delete.

2. Open MOVE camera via web Browse, go to System > Storage Management > Network Share. Fill Host | Share | Username | Password with the network share information that you have then press “SAVE

note : above before condition (noticed : Free space : 0GB, Total size : 0GB, Status : offline, Full : No)

Also adjust “Recording source (depend on which stream resolution that you want to record)”, “Recording format”, “Recording filename format”, and the last is “Recording File size setting (define how big is the size limit per file)”

note : above after save the configuration (Free Space, Total Size, Status) will be changed

MAKE SURE YOU ENABLE “DISK CLEANUP SETTING” TO AVOID YOUR SHARE FOLDER FULL

1. Go to the next menu System > Recording and set the where the recording will be store and what is you recording schedule. Recording Storage > Network Share, Recording Schedule > Always then press “Save”

2. See the Windows Explorer again open the share folder and you will see there is a new folder coming

note : see "Mx-VB2A-2-IR-VA-xxxxxxxx folder that automatically create by the camera in the share folder)

if you already see that means that your camera is already store the data into the NAS.

1. Open your camera in the web browser System > Storage Management > Network Share and go down until you see “Recording List” then press search

note : you will see the list of recording file