QNAP Server 464-8G deny access into the recordings

Hello, I am experiencing an issue I have an instalation with 15 M7 series cameras, which are saving their recordings into one QNAP 464-8G, I am accesing their recordings via MxManagement System. Unfortunatelly before three weeks I am getting FS[3], FS[23], FS[57995] errors and I am not able to see any of the recording? How I will recover from this situation?

Hello Thanos,

The Error Messages are not really specific but hints to a general issue in the connection to the NAS footage.
In the Decentralised recording with MOBOTIX IOT cameras like the M7 cameras. The full system to manage the recording contains three major parts:

1. The camera (M7x in your case) which manage via SMB the ringbuffer recording to the NAS.
  2. The NAS which needs to provide the SMB Share with read write access for the cameras and read access for the MXMC
  3. The MxMC which reads the footage and allow playback and export in two ways: Playback access via the Camera (and Camera access to the NAS Share folder) or the direct fileserver access where the MxMC access directly the SMB Share folder of the NAS (Fast Playpack)

In the Most cases you should check first if the cameras can write the footage to the NAS itself, so please check the System Reports of the camera and check if there is any yellow or Red error message in the live image itself.

you could try event download option from camera directly to see if the camera itself can download and access the data.
If this is not working check the camera and NAS settings.

• Support-Information of the M7x (Admin-Menu: Download Support-Information) could be helpful for the Support Team!

If this is working you can need to check the NAS Logs and user rights and the Log files of the MxMC.

• MxMC Debug Logs → MxMc → Help → Debug → Debug-Logs → Reproduce this issue → Don’t close the MxMC → Help → Debug → Open Log Folder
    => Please send us the following to Logfiles: MxManagementCenter and MxManagementCenter_IE

A simple test to check the NAS itself connect a windows PC and try to connect to the Share folder and copy some File to your local HDD , to see if it will work!

I hope that helps, bye Jörg