During MOBOTIX HUB® installation you may see the following error: “Failed to configure service account ‘NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE’.” This article will help you to troubleshoot this issue.
1. Issue: If your MOBOTIX HUB installer gives you the following error message:
"The automatic installation of Internet Information Services (IIS) failed."
then you may need to provide the installation source to install the missing Windows IIS components first.
"It is impossible to install the necessary components for the launch of MOBOTIX HUB 2020 R3. The components listed below must be installed before the installation of MOBOTIX HUB 2020 R3 becomes possible. Please install these components before re-launching the MOBOTIX HUB installer again.
2. Solution: To fix this issue, you need to first install the missing Windows components accordingly:
Left: standard Windows features installed. Right: Windows features that need to be enabled on an MOBOTIX HUB VMS system.
Windows Server 2016 (Windows features that need to be enabled on an MOBOTIX HUB VMS system).
3. If the problem persists:
- In the Windows Group Policy Editor, check that the “Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair” setting is set to enabled . The setting is located in: Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → System.
- In addition (again in the Group Policy Editor), it is also a good idea to set to enabled the “Contact Windows Update directly to download repair content instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)” setting.
- Finally, check if the Windows account running all the services has full administrator rights . If there is such an issue, you may see the following error in the Installer.log file:
"An error occurred: 'CFG64018: Failed to configure service account 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' on database Surveillance."