In MxHub, it is possible to be notified by email after an event.
The following steps will show you how to proceed.
1.Configure Email Server
->ManagementClient → Tools → Options → Mail Server
Fill in the following credentials:
- Sender e-mail adress: “From which Mail adress should the email be send”
- Mail server adress: “Fill in your Mail server adress”
- Mail server port: “Fill in your Mail server port”
when the Server requries a login, the marke the field: Server requires login and fill out your credentials.
2.Create a Notification Profile
→ ManagementClient → Rules and Events → Notification Profiles
Right click: Add Notification Profile…
Name your profile: example: GMAIL
Fill out the following fields:
- Recipients: “Who should receive the Mail”
- Subject: “Set an Subject for this Mail”
- Message Text: “Here you can define a cutsom text or use variables”
You can also decide to send Images within the Mail or a short AVI clip.
3.Select the Mailprofile within a Rule
ManagementClient → Rules and Events → Rules
Right click: Add Rule…
Now you can decide what should trigger the Rule: acton or a time.
Select: Send notification to < profile > under Step3: Actions
Click on ‘profile’ under Edit rule description.
Select your created Notification Profile
Click on: recording device
Select " Use triggering device" to send the images from the cmaera which has triggered the Rule or select a specific camera und "Select devcies"
Now the Rule is created and will send a Mail in this case when a Motion is detected by a camera.