By default, playback and export of recordings in MxMC is “Via Camera”. This means that MxMC must request the recorded data from the camera, which in turn then accesses the recording from the file server. By defining a direct recording path, MxMC can retrieve the recorded data directly from the file server.
By removing the camera as a “middle man” this has a vast impact on reducing the processing load on both the camera and MxMC. This equates to a drastic improvement in performance and stability of the complete system.
1. Defining the Recording Path in MxMC
View > Components > File Servers
Select “+” in the Project dialog
- Select “Network Share” and Name
- Under File Server Settings add the details of the Network Share
- Select the “Test” Soft Button to ensure File Server is reachable and can be mounted
2. Configure the Right Path for all the cameras
From the main view of MxMC, click on the padlock located in the bottom right corner of the device bar (left vertical panel). Click on a camera and CTRL+Click or ALT+Click to select multiple cameras; then right click on a camera to open the “Properties” dialog and select “Recording Settings > NAS”.
The software will automatically assign the right folder to each camera.