Playback is very non-fluid in Mobotix management center

it will play for a few seconds / then stop for one minute sometimes more / then play at high speed as to catch up / play a few seconds normaly / then stop / etc.
As it stops regularly for minutes it takes a long time to review alarms.
When I pause and reverse the playing direction, playback is normal for a few minutes.
So, once I found the alarm I’m looking for I can view it by playing backwards and forwards.

The system was installed 3 years ago. Everything works normal except the playback.
Recording is at 2fps.
Images are stored on a NAS and so directly available.
I can’t find the location of the videofiles, otherwise I could read them with VLC or similar.
Is it possible to access the internal storage of the camera?

Thank for looking at my problem, Leo

Unfortunately this is very typical problem for Mx systems. I found that usually recent releases of firmware/mxmc yield smoother playback. Also mounting storage directly through windows, rather than trough mxmc is better in most cases. And of course you should check if NAS is healthy (raid array is not in degraded state, and there is some free space).

You can access recording file system of the camera trough https://<cam_ip>/server/events

Andrius, thanks for your comment.

1. In the events folder I only find the jpg files. In a playback per frame I get much more intermediate pictures. Somewhere they must be stored, I only don’t find where.
  2. I have found a workaround for watching the playback that works for me:
    In the MMC I make an export to AVI. That takes a while (same problem as above). In the mean time I get a cofee and arange some papers. Once available the AVI file can be viewed by VLC even at a high rate without interuption.
  1. The file system is arranged in chunks. Basically each jpeg there is a small recorfing clip. If you change extension from .jpg to .mxg vlc will play it back (it will be few seconds).
  2. You can save time by exporting in Mobotix format.
    This way there wouldn’t be transcoding operation, and you would have full resolution copy on your hard drive. If you select option “automaticly import after export” it will be added to clips and recordings menu.

This works great!
Thanks for the tip.